Wednesday, September 25, 2013

REVIEW: Pursuing Justice by Ken Wytsma


Date:               9/13/13
Title:               Pursing Justice: The Call to Live and Die for Bigger Things
Author:           Ken Wytsma
ISBN 13:          978-0849964664
Pages:             330
Publisher:      Thomas Nelson
Cover:              Hardcover
Rating:            4 Stars


I received an advanced reader copy of The Chaos Imperative as part of the Vine Program.  
At the very least, I found The Chaos Imperative by Ken Wytsma very thought provoking. As a Christian, one chapter that caught my attention the most was, one of the Interludes by Daniel Fan titled My Jesus Ain’t Your Jesus. I wish I could share, but I won’t do the author a disservice, but this piece talks about, in my opinion, diversity and the diversity that makes our world what it is. In America specifically, this diverse people helped make this country what it is. Diversity did the jobs that others did not wish to do, and their reward was and is ostracism.

The author uses scripture to various instances of justice and injustices. He describes the differences between criminal, social, business, political and international justices. Not to mention there are plenty of inspirational quotes to fit your fancy.

Finally, one of my many take-aways from this book is that the scriptures hold the answers to your lives, to our happiness, and to our problems. Some may not like the truth, but its there, in plain black and white.


No comments:

Post a Comment